2018 Toledo Heart Ball
What is the Toledo Heart Ball?
The Toledo Heart Ball is a premier event benefiting the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association. The Heart Ball raises funds for education and meritorious research specific to heart disease and stroke. The memorable evening is a celebration complete with fine food, elegant ambiance, and lively entertainment. The event draws Greater Toledo’s most prominent leaders from the corporate, medical, educational, and social communities. Last year, funds raised at Heart Ball events nationwide allowed us to fund over $73 million of research and programs across the country and in our community.
As a result of the funding made available by the Heart Ball, more parents watch their children graduate from high school, more grandparents have been able to spend time with their grandchildren, and fewer babies and kids have lost their lives to congenital heart defects. This year, we have our sights set higher in our ambitious fight to change the course of the number one killer that affects everyone – men, women and children.
Why do we need your help?
• Every 42 seconds, someone has a heart attack.
• Every 40 seconds, someone has a stroke.
• One in three Americans have some form of cardiovascular disease.
• Cardiovascular diseases are the nation’s most costly illness, accounting for $298 billion in direct and indirect costs each year.
• Less than 1% of Americans are in ideal cardiovascular health, as defined by the American Heart Association, yet 39% of Americans believe they are in ideal cardiovascular health.
• Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of Ohioans.
• On average each year, more than 100,000 people in the Northwest Ohio lose their lives to cardiovascular disease and stroke.
How will your sponsorship funds be utilized?
• To discover, process, and interpret science
• To communicate cardiovascular science, medical, and consumer health information
• To advocate at federal, state, and local levels
Hilton Garden Inn
6165 Levis Commons Blvd
Perrysburg, OH 43551
Johnson & Johnson
Heartland Health Care
St. Luke's Hospital
Demetrius Nicodemus State Farm
Saturday, March 24, 2018
Hilton Garden Inn
Levis Commons, Perrysburg
6:00 pm Cocktail Reception
7:30 pm Dinner
8:00 pm Program, Open Your Heart Appeal and Live Auction
8:45 pm Dessert and Dancing, Live Entertainment by KGB Motown Tribute Band